Wednesday, August 03, 2005

My house, in the middle of my street

Here is my home. Dear Hubby, Dean, replaced the deck last summer--huge project. As you can see, I am in need of new windows. I really like Pella, but Pella is too expensive. One day I'll have new windows. For now, the kids like to eat! I don't like the red bench out front. I'm going to paint it white as soon as the summer heat subsides just a bit. It's 10:50am and I've already had a full day. I made waffles and bacon for the kids. I've done a load of dishes, a load of laundry, and changed one load from a diaper. Actually, a pull-up. I've played outside with the kids, and I've punished the dog for running away. I made sure one child got to band practice and one ready for a trip to Wichita,KS, for an orthodontic appointment. Dean took her. I still have two loads of laundry to do, dishes, make my bed, and dusting to do today. I think I'll make baked chicken for supper. I'd love to have homegrown veggies to go with the chicken. Sure wish I would have gotten busy and planted a garden this year. I went to the farmer's market on Saturday morning and spent a fortune. I spent $4 for 12 potatoes (not very big ones, either) when I could have bought a 5lb. bag for $.99 at Wal-Mart. I was a little disappointed when I had to pay that much, but I was too embarrassed to say anything, so I just paid and went on my way. They were delicious, though! I now see why people love blogging so much. I'm having a blast, and I'm just doing the basics. I'm going to have to limit myself on how much computer time I can have---just like one of the kids!
In my Gospel meditation today, Matt. 15: 21-28, I was very touched, once again, by the mercy of Jesus to the woman that wanted her daughter healed. She was granted her wish because of her great faith. My resolution today is to seek a greater faith, knowing that God knows and wants all that is good for me. I need to be on my knees, seeking Christ, "Lord, help me."

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whoo hoo! Love your house and your lawn! (envy, envy) You're doing great, Lisa!
You can type in "my blogs" where it says "links" on the template instead of "links" if you want to! And don't forget "copy" and "paste" with the right click mouse button for copying that html for the link to my blog...you can replace the address with someone else's and then replace my title with someone elses too to make more than one on your blogroll. Hope that's clear? Email me if you have any problem-o's. Love the blog!

2:19 PM  
Blogger Elena LaVictoire said...

Found your blog through Alex. Welcome to the blogosphere from an another mom of 6!

6:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Lisa,
Looks like you have a lovely house. I read your comment about wanting new windows and thought I would suggest Champion Windows. We had ours replaced last November and I have been extremely happy with them, and they were way cheaper then any of the other estimates that we received and in my opinion just as good as Pella (we have those on the backside of our house). What kids I could see were beautiful, and yes your oldest is going to be quite the lady killer. Have fun with that!!!

12:44 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Is this Renee', my friend from Wichita? I'm assuming it is since I told you about the blog today. So, what do you think? Not too bad for someone who didn't even know how to send you a picture of the kids a few months ago, eh? I'm learning, that's for sure. I hope you visit again soon! Thanks for stopping by.

1:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home