Sunday, August 21, 2005

Braves vs. Padres



Well, this evening turned out to be an evening full of fun and games, jokes and laughter. I really needed this as I was very upset with myself earlier when I discovered that I have overdrawn my checking account by over $500. Hubby is not happy, but I'm sure that didn't need to be said. Oh well, it's happened before and it probably will happen again. These pics show some of the fun we had. The kids made themselves look like their legs were really short. This cracked me up. Everyone was cracking up. Then a food fight ensued after supper. What you see in the pic is meat, cheese, and BBQ potato chips. If you're wondering, this was not our "meal" for the day----we ate lunch at Grandma's today and had a bite of sandwich this evening. All is well because as much fun as a food fight is, everyone knows that it must be cleaned up, so my floor is all nice and clean, scented with Clorox. Mmmm...I love the smell of Clorox. Clean and sanitized.

The little ones went to bed early and the older two children and I watched the end of the Braves v. the Padres. I'm not a baseball fan, but I actually enjoyed watching this evening. The kids had some fun with the name of one of the players----Mark Sweeney (said Mark's weenie.) Since the littlier kids were asleep, I didn't banish this kind of talk, I actually laughed right along with them. Bad mother? Maybe. Did we have fun? Yeah. Here are some of the scenarios they came up with, "Mark Sweeney took a 92 mph line drive," and "Hey, that guy got a picture autographed by Mark Sweeney" and "Mark Sweeney is out at first." Okay, enough. You get the picture.

Crazy days like today don't come too often---Thank goodness! Tomorrow is another day. A whole week of school begins----I'm already tired just thinking about it!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Lisa, thanks for stopping by my blog. I just wanted to let you know that the "Jenn" you've been having a conversation with and myself are two completely different people. To be honest, after reading her comments in Catholic Ragemonkey, I'm a little taken aback that you could read my blog and think we are the same person. I would never speak like that.

Jennifer is a popular name, but you'll always know it's me because wayward catholic will be in either my email address or my website name.

God bless and thanks for stopping by!

8:39 AM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Hey, thanks for the correction. The reasons that I thought you were one in the same--both fallen away Catholics that have come back, both have or have had a concern or two with some of the things the Church teaches (you did at one time, no?), and the name. I DID wonder, as I was reading your blog, why this "Jenn" could say so many off the wall things on Catholic Ragemonkey and yet blog about how wonderful Mass was and seem to wholly love the Church. Please, forgive the confusion. I should have gone with my first instinct and known the two Jenns weren't the same.

10:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No problem, Lisa! All is forgiven. Thanks for explaining why you were a little confused. I did have questions when I was much younger, and far fewer questions today. God bless you.

4:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home