Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Feeding the Hungry

This is what it looks like everytime I serve a meal. The plates, silverware, cups, and eating necessities seem endless. I made enchilada casserole last night. It was yummy, even though it had to be reheated because the dog ran away.

We had to go dog hunting before supper--not my idea of fun. We did find her, and glad we did as I really would have missed picking up that pile of dogpoop on the floor this morning.

The kids are riding the sled down the stairs---I better go and be on the ready to call 911.

2 Comments:

Blogger Lisa said...

Sure, I have time---Blue's Clues is on, so the baby is zoned! The enchilada casserole is SUPER easy. Ingredients: Corn tortillas, 2# lean hamb, 1/2 onion, Old El Paso Enchilada Sauce (one big can and one small can), shredded cheese.

While cooking hamburger, soak tortillas in water to soften.
Brown hamburger and onion until done. Spray baking dish with non-stick cooking spray. Place 6 tortillas on bottom of pan. Spoon in hamburger. Cover with enchilada sauce. Sprinkle with cheese. Repeat: tortillas, meat, sauce, cheese. Repeat. Cook in 350 degree oven for about 30 minutes. The beans are from a can---I usually don't take the time to make them homemade, but if you can they are SO much better than canned! Happy cooking!

6:59 AM  
Blogger Lisa said...

So, Jennifer, did you ever try the recipe? How did it turn out? I think someone should start a recipe blog. Yeah, that would be nice. I'll be a commentor, someone else be the actual blogger. Anyone?

7:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home