Friday, August 12, 2005

An Activity for Everyone



I would highly recommend this vacation spot for any family. We stayed here on a Wednesday night, so we were able to save $100 off the room. I think they run this special all the time. The rates seem rather pricey, but I figured that if we went to a waterpark for two days and had motel rooms (we take two now) for a night, the prices would be very comparable to what we had to pay to stay here. We were able to check in at 1pm and the waterpark passes were good until 10pm the NEXT day. Not to shabby!! It ended up only being a 3 1/2 hour drive, which was one of the highlights of the trip!
I'm glad to be back home. I ended up getting an eye inflammation on the way there. I get this about once a year and it's brought on by stress (go figure). I felt it coming on the way to KC. I called my eye doc when I got there and ended up getting some meds from Walgreens. I really like to support the small, local pharmacies, but I am very happy to have the big chain pharmacies when emergencies arise. The bummer was that I had to wear my glasses instead of my contacts, which was hard for me as my vanity does not allow me to enjoy wearing my glasses. I had to put drops in EVERY HOUR for the first two days and was able to change that to every two hours today. It cost me, too, as I had to pay $.50 everytime I opened my locker at the waterpark, and every hour it had to be opened. Oh well, at least I feel better.

1 Comments:

Blogger Steve Bogner said...

That looks familiar - we've been to Great Bear lodge (like Great Wolf, but in Sandusky, OH), and just returned from a similar place up there called Kalihari. It does seem expensive at first, but then when you consider water park admission, plus the room, plus convenience then it is really a good value.

9:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home