Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Another One Bites The Dust

As I was walking out the door from dropping Kathryn at preschool, the teacher called my name. My shoes were wet from the rain, so as I tried to stop, my feet slipped out from under me and I went down. In the instant between the start of the fall and the actual landing, I had a whole lifetime to think of how I was going to handle this in front of ALL the other mothers dropping off their children. Gasps insued, but no laughter. What gracious people! I laid there, propped up on my arms, looking up at the other mothers, scanning quickly to see that there were no DADS there, too. Thank the good Lord for that! It was bad enough in front of other women, but a man having to see a fat woman laying on the ground with her leg twisted up under her, thinking he might have to help her up, would have honestly thrown me into a twisted seizure. Okay, so one mom came down to my level and touched my ankle, making sure it wasn't broken. Was that a smirk I saw on her face? No, that was just a dimple in her cheek......................I think. I slowly got up, dusted myself off, blew a kiss to my daughter, and trotted out the door. Damaged, but not broken.

Kaitlyn, waiting in the car to be dropped off at the Jr. High, asked what took me so long, "We're going to be late."
"I fell," I told her.
"No you didn't! Oh my gosh, how embarrassing! Let's get out of here!" No-Duh, I wanted to reply. "Oh, I almost forgot, are you okay?" There's that nice girl that I raised. I knew she was in there somewhere.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How embarrasing!!
I am known around my school as always falling so I know how it feels.

By the way, my name is Travis and I enjoy reading your blog! It may seem weird, considering I'm a 15 yr. old boy but you are just hillarious. I have even gotten some of my friends to read! I got it from Catholic Ragemonkey. I am a former (tear) parishoner of Father Hamilton.

7:37 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Yes, Travis, I "knew" you as soon as I saw your name. I've seen your comments on Ragemonkey. I am a former (tear) parishoner of Father Hamilton, also. It was VERY sad when he left here and I know your pain. What a great guy, huh? Okay, I guess since I have "young, impressionable" readers, I better watch what I post.

You fall as school? I once passed gas in geometry class----now, THAT was embarrassing. Tight jeans and wooden seats just don't mix.

Thanks for visiting. Come back soon.

7:58 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Okay, my 14yo son read this and stated that my last comments were extremely problematic. Now, I don't see anything wrong with admitting a little flatus in a 10 grade classroom myself, but obviously I'm not a teenager anymore and have nothing about me that's cool. SO, since I cannot figure out how to delete my comment without deleting the complete post (help anyone?), I'll just apologize for my rude ways. Sorry all! I couldn't help it, I worked in a Mexican restaurant!

8:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lisa? Did you ever get an answer from Crystal about a template?

3:04 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Alexa: Yes! I'm so excited about it. She is waiting for me to send her a picture, which I should be able to obtain tomorrow. So, it shouldn't be much longer and I'll have it. I'm sure it will be great, just like the rest of her work.

Travis: Nice picture.

8:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great post. I used to be checking constantly this weblog and I am inspired! Extremely useful information specially the ultimate part :) I maintain such info much. I used to be seeking this particular information for a very lengthy time.
Thank you and good luck.
cash for scrap cars toowoomba
scrap car buyer

8:10 PM  
Blogger Max Cash For Cars said...

Truly, this article is really one of the very best in the history of articles. I am a antique ’Article’ collector and I sometimes read some new articles if I find them interesting. And I found this one pretty fascinating and it should go into my collection. Very good work.
sell my car brisbane
cash for scrap cars brisbane

9:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home