Thursday, August 04, 2005

Would you like fries with that?

Well, I'm thinking that this is not my problem----eating foods like the ones shown here. My problem with being heavier than I'd like is probably portion control. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE a long, greasy french fry now and then, but this is not the norm. I usually pick a healthier option when given the chance. I do see a big problem with obesity in our country. I am honestly AMAZED at all of the overweight teenagers that I see. I would say the majority being girls, but that may just be what I see here, locally. Seeing these fat teenagers has really pushed me to be a good example for my kids---helping them choose healthier snacks and gently reminding them that one more cookie may not be the best choice. I'm very encouraged by Alexa (see side for her blog link) and her weight loss. I think I'm finally ready to make the smart choice and get with a weight loss program. I don't think I've really been ready up to now, obviously, looking at my backside! Maybe it's because "middle age" is quickly approaching, or maybe it's just that I don't want to be known as another fat American, but the weight is coming off---SOON!! Maybe one day I'll be able to post "before" and "after" pictures.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lisa baby. You CAN do it. You'll know when the time is right and you might have "fits and starts" but it'll come. One thing I think really helps is to remember that one donut doesn't blow the diet. A whole day of eating crap doesn't blow the diet. You get right back on track a.s.a.p. and just keep going. You can do it! I'm down 44# this morning! Whoo hoo!

5:17 AM  
Blogger Lisa said...

I noticed that you stated on your blog that you wanted to weigh less than your goal! Is your goal something you set yourself or are you going by that unrealistic "goal weight" chart that no one can ever seem to reach! ha. I supposedly should weigh 120-130 pounds. Well, I reached that in fifth grade!! I'd like to see myself at that weight, but I'm sure it won't be until I'm in Heaven and have my glorified body that that'll happen! Anyway, thanks for the encouragment. I'm on my way!

5:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home