Saturday, November 05, 2005

Um.............WHERE?

Just for verification, the projections cream that I'm using is applied on the chest, upper arms, neck, stomach, etc. NOT where one might expect it to be applied.

I was having a conversation with my aunt this evening and she asked about where the cream had to be applied. I figured that if she was wondering, maybe some of you were, too. I never thought to provide this information in the previous post.

Well, either way---------whether you were wondering or not-------I feel better, knowing that at least now you DO KNOW that I'm not applying it THERE everyday.

Okay, you men, now you can once again tell me that this is "way to much information."

On to other things.

Soccer season is officially over here for the PC Soccer Association. One of the girls still has a classic tournament coming up, but no more Saturday games for the little kiddies. It has been so strange as the weather during Fall soccer is normally at least crisp. It was downright (is that a hillbilly term?) hot today.

Speaking of hillbilly-------the kids and I were discussing heritage the other day. I explained that they were 1/4 Mexican because their grandmother (hubbies mom) is Mexican. They asked what heritage they got from me and my answer was "hillbilly." Of course, after the laughs, I told them about my great-grandparents being French from my grandmother's side and German from my grandfather's side. These are my mother's relatives. Now, my father's relatives come from the hills of Missouri and I have always called them HillBillies, not in a rude fashion, but just in a teasing sort of way. They fry tators. Actually, they fry almost everything. The food is good, don't get me wrong. VERY GOOD!! They have names (honest to pete) like Billy Ray, Billy Howard, Aint (instead of Aunt) Virdilla, etc. I kid you not. All the kids have nicknames in my father's family, except one.
Orville was always called Hot Shot. Fred was always called Bullet. EC was Pistol. Roy was just Roy. Why he never received a nickname is a mystery, I guess. How fortunate that I was just always Lisa. I could have been named something MUCH worse, this I know. Thanks to my mother for having no HillBilly in HER blood. HA! My grandfather always has his shirt unbuttoned, showing his chest and belly. This is the only man that would look good this way. This is only because that's how I've always known him. His sons walk around like this, too. They don't look quite as good. I have a cousin who gets in trouble just so he can have three good meals a day and a place to stay, rent free, in jail. I love these people with all my heart. They don't fit my norms or most of societies norms, but they are a part of me and I love them very much. I talk to my grandmother about once a week. Grandpa always hollers from the other room that, "Grandpa loves you, Lise."

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, just for comment completeness…

Way too much information!

Have I mentioned all the fun I've been having this past week as my sinus congestion clears out??? I didn't think my sinuses could hold that much! Ewww!

Now we're even. ;-)

6:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Actually, I was wondering where you put the cream, Lisa! 'Cause years ago, I had an abnormal pap smear and was given a cream that did "go there". TMI, I know.
And your family sounds wonderful. Salt of the earth! Good people. And you know what? When you misspelled your name (the last word on the post) you spelled it like my sister spells her name. It's Lisa too, but she spells it "Lise".
God bless.

5:01 AM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Scott: I'm glad you're on the mend. Snot doesn't bother me. Vomit bothers me. My husband has always been the vomit-cleaner-upper here in this house. I guess you'll have to try harder to get even! ha.

Alexa: I KNEW some of you women would be wondering! My grandpa calls me "Lease." I misspelled that on purpose, trying to show that he calls me something different. I guess I used the wrong spelling. I've never heard of Lisa spelled Lise. Interesting. So, Alexa, when will you be getting your saliva test????

5:36 AM  
Blogger John Burzynski said...

Yes, again, too much information...

And no, I wasn't wondering where it was applied...

2:57 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

John, do you mean the cream or the Hillbillies? HAHAHA!

4:11 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

You know, John, I've been thinking. I think this blog is going to make help you be a phenominal husband. You'll learn so much "female" stuff here that you'll be super-hubby!! So, don't think of it as "too much information", think of it as marriage building! hahahaha!!!

7:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

TMI !!!!!! :)

8:03 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Hi, Hector.

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!

8:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home