Thursday, October 27, 2005


Just so I can get some empathy from someone, I'm going to post my day. To me today felt like a year.

4:10am---wake up, BUT am able to get right back to sleep---I think the progesterone is working!!!

6:20am--wake up for the day.
6:40am--leave house to take oldest son to band practice. Tomorrow is the last day for early practices, Thanks Be To God!
6:55am--return home and get other kids up (I didn't leave them alone; their dad was here)
7:00am----3:15pm---normal, everyday things---school drop-offs, visit grandma, make necessary phone calls (today I had to call for volunteers for tomorrow's Fall Party), lunch, dishes, referee two pre-schoolers, yadda, yadda, yadda, fold 4 loads laundry, pick up kids from school.
3:45pm--Here's where the fun begins on Thursdays. Drop off two girls for gymnastics
4:10pm-Take oldest daughter to meet swim team car pool.
ALL MORNING AND AFTERNOON: pray for oldest son who is trying out for high school basketball team today
5:45pm--pick up gymnists, wait in car and watch video at car pool pick up spot until
6:20pm--pick up swimmer from car pool
6:25pm-return home. Feed kids something-----they picked chili and/or frito chili pie. Just left-overs, so not much to go around.
7:00pm-drop off oldest daughter at high-stepping class
7:10pm-pick up oldest son and two friends from band practice (oldest son had a 12 hour day---band, school, basketball tryouts, then another band practice from 5pm-7pm) and take friends home (it was my day to carpool for band) Learn that son made the high-school golf team!! Yeah!! Also find out that he has good enough grades to opt out of his trimester finals in EVERY class he has!!! Yeah for that, too!!!!!!!
8:00pm-pick up oldest daughter from high-steppers
8:10--order pizza (because one bowl of left over chili wasn't enough for everyone and I had nothing else planned. My bad!) and bathe three kids
8:35- drive to pick up pizza.
8:50---everyone at table for pizza. Everyone is too tired to even get drinks, so we all just sit there and gripe about how thirsty we all are. fun.
9:05---kids getting ready for bed----teeth brushing, etc.
9:45--finally get kids in bed, all except the two oldest. Oldest son is completing homework, and oldest daughter has broken her orthodontic appliance so she couldn't enjoy the pizza. I'm out the door to get her a milkshake because I feel guilty she's not eating anything ( and a little worried because she's 12 years old and only weighs 70 pounds. She HAS to eat something----the ortho appointment isn't until next Wed.)
11:00pm---Me---in my pajamas. Contacts out. Start load of laundry. Think about picking up family room, but it was just done yesterday and will get messy again tomorrow, so why even bother? I'll clean it tomorrow. I just hope I don't have the occasion to wish I had it clean in the middle of the night. This will be my luck.
Good-night, folks. After reading this, I'm sure you're now as tired as I. I really dislike Thursdays!!!

6 Comments:

Blogger Lisa said...

Hi, Travis. I'm glad you're still alive! How are you? Did you get to see Fr. H while you were in his area?

4:46 AM  
Blogger Steve Bogner said...

Wow - what a day! You're a good mom, Lisa.

5:52 AM  
Blogger John Burzynski said...

Lisa:

We also typically eat dinner at 8:00 or so on weekdays...too busy, as you are.

And yes, you are not the only family that occasionally gripes at each other....

7:20 AM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Bummer, Travis. It's always a treat to see Fr. H. We sure miss him here in this city.

8:06 PM  
Blogger Cath said...

Your 12 year old weighs 70 pounds? Mine weighs 125 and its not that she is unhealthy, just almost fully grown. I sometimes wish she wasn't so mature looking, actually I almost always wish that! You are such a great mom. Busy and tired and still go back out for a milkshake. I want to be like you if I ever grow up and I am sure my kids wish I already were.

11:26 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Yes, she's a tiny thing. She gets it honestly, though. My grandmother is only 4'8". My mother-in-law is only 5'1", and her daughters are shorter than that----probably about 4'9" and 5'0". So, it's in the bloodline, but I do worry about her, being 12 years old and only weighing 70 pounds. When she's hungry, she eats like a horse. But, she has no signs of "maturity", yet. I'm sure she'll gain when puberty hits. She really hates being so little, mostly because everyone thinks she's younger or the same age as her next youngest sister. But, HEY!, they still serve her off the child's menu without even a second thought! ha!

9:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home