Sunday, October 16, 2005

Picnic

Last night I had a little "freak" session. Isn't it nice when moms set a good example? I thought maybe we would go and pick something up for supper, but on the way, there was so much bickering going on that I just snapped. I yelled at the kids of being ungrateful, sassy, disrespectful, etc. etc. I said we were going straight home and would eat something there---they didn't deserve to have the treat of eating out. I bagged on the fact that I had to shell out money for gymnastics, swimming, golf, soccer, blah, blah, blah...........and they all had money, but never offered to pay when they wanted to have a meal out. Yes, I was a real hag, I admit, but that happens in my world sometimes.

SOOOO...............I started to feel guilty and thought I would give everyone a little fun. I made soup and grilled cheese sandwiches, a pitcher of Tang, spread some blankets out on the deck, and served them their supper out there. It was really fun, eating under the stars with warm soup in our bellies. It made up for the fit I threw. Well, maybe not made up for it, but made everyone feel better anyway.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

3:41 PM  
Blogger Cath said...

Lisa, what a great way to change an angry situation. My guess is that the kids had much more fun and will remember the night on the deck more than if you had went out. Just hope they forget the reason why mom gave them a picnic :)

4:51 PM  
Blogger Hope said...

I have had so many freak sessions I've lost count - but the cream really did make them almost disappear. You just sound wonderfully human although I know all too well the guilt that sometimes can accompany those freak sessions. Sigh.

7:36 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

The good thing is that I don't stay angry for long. Yes, Cath, we had a really fun time and they've already asked to do it again. Hope, I have five days until I can start the progesterone cream. I can't wait to start. I wonder how long it will take until I can feel better? A few days? A month? A few months?

3:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home