Thursday, September 29, 2005

Candy Basket

I had to get a gift today for my 4-yr-old to give at a friend's birthday tomorrow. There is really not much one can buy under $10 that's of any "worth." Actually, there's not much worth giving until one gets up into the $15 range. WELL---what do you think of this little basket below? I made this today. I wanted to give a gift that the friend will really like, and yes, I wanted to impress the parents a little bit, too ---wink----. This cost me approx $8 to make. It took about 30 minutes, and I think it looks really cute. On one card I wrote, "Happy Birthday, Thomas" and on the other I wrote (actually copied from a greeting card), "There will be many occasions to celebrate as this precious life unfolds......Today is just one of the wonderful joys God's loving purpose holds!"

8 Comments:

Blogger Cath said...

Wanna know when my birthday is?????? Just kidding, that looks great!

12:43 PM  
Blogger Renee said...

Now THAT is a good idea, although I don't think I could do it so well. I might try, though, because birthday presents are a challenge for me!

1:48 PM  
Blogger Steve Bogner said...

That's a great gift! Even most adults would like to get that gift.

1:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lisa,
I'll e-mail you my address...

6:24 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Ahhh, thanks! What good friends you are to compliment my labors.

6:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, it is cute, and I would love to receive it, but I have to say that I would not be happy to have my 4-year old receive that much candy. Sorry.

3:27 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Yes, Anonymous, I DID think of that. I, too, would not allow my child to have that much candy, but this gift went to a family of four children---they'll share. Their mother won't allow them to just sit and have a candy fest. She'll use good judgment on that, plus her children are so well behaved that they probably won't even beg for it!! Lucky woman, huh?

6:19 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

One more thing, Anonymous. I don't mind a difference of opinion. I like differences in people, but what I don't like is someone posting as anonymous. Give me your name next time, eh?

6:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home