Sunday, September 25, 2005

Things that DO NOT belong in your purse

I think I have strep throat. My throat hurts pretty bad and I'm not known to get one unless it's strep. I guess I'll be off to the doctor tomorrow for some antibiotics. To make things worse, I have a popcorn hull stuck right on the place that's sore. I have been making horrible throat noises all day trying to dislodge this annoying little friend. My kids keep looking at me, and have made some comments on how gross I sound, but it is bugging me pretty bad.

Today in Mass I couldn't concentrate for fear that one of the little ones was going to get into my purse when I was not watching them. This was because I noticed, while looking for a tissue, that I had forgotten to take out the underwear I had put in there last week. Clean, of course!! I left my purse while I had to go up front to get a blessing for being a catechist, and my heart was thumping very heavily as I returned to my seat, wondering if they had found my undies while I was away. One time my oldest used one of my breast pads as the missal bookmark. Today, the underwear would have been much more embarrassing than that. I can promise you, someone would have had my underwear on their head if they would have found it.

8 Comments:

Blogger ~pen~ said...

oh.
my.
gosh.

i was laughing out loud at the underwear comment and then totally got confused at what i think is spam above me.

yikes.

i am sorry for your strep - my daughter just got over being out last week since wednesday and i've been fighting it, so i will pray for you and ask for st. blaise to step up to the plate if you pray for me :)

(salt water gargle - get that popcorn the "hull" out of there!!)

8:02 AM  
Blogger Cath said...

You are too funny! That's when you lean over to your oldest and say "don't let the little ones get the underwear out of my purse while I am gone". Just thought of being humiliated by mom would make my oldest pray like never before, and keep the kids out of the purse. Hope your throat gets better soon.

9:43 AM  
Blogger Suzanne said...

What a hoot!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL!
So happy for you that things worked out..Never a dull moment, hmm? Now, to explain...why did you have CLEAN undies in your purse? Just thought you owed us a little more explanation there! *WINK* and a *SMILE*~!

9:53 AM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Oh, DARN!! I was hoping that nobody would think to ask why I had undies in my purse. Last week I had a stomach virus. I had to be in Wichita for the day so JUST-IN-CASE I didn't make it to the bathroom in time..............wanted to be prepared. The Pepto Bismol did its job, though, so no worries!!!

11:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know, we don't get sick anymore now that we home school....don't you want to join us again? LOL!

2:19 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

I get sick not usually from a virus or a bacteria, but from stress. Ever heard of Dumping Syndrome? Well, I get it! ha. I've been stressed about money as Dean changed jobs and although it was a promotion and he's managment now, the pay is not what we're used to because he doesn't get any overtime anymore. It's hard to get used to!!! It's been a long time since I've had to say, "No" to anything (well, within reason), and now I'm wondering if I can get the bills paid. Very stressful and I really dislike it. The good thing is, within three years his bring home pay will be what his overtime used to be. So, if we can just hang in there for awhile, we'll be okay. Hey, I might get used to rice, you never know.

8:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lisa, I was laughing really hard reading your post .I was wondering why you had undies in your purse. I tried to put extra undies in my wallet, but that didn't work.

With the money, remember that God is the source and substenance of all your needs. All shall be well...

I wish you great health my friend!

9:53 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Maybe someone needs to invent paper thin, fold up undies that can fit into any space. Just for these "special" occasions.

Thanks for the encouragment, Hector. I know things will be fine. God is so good!

6:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home