Friday, September 16, 2005

The Best Gift Ever

Today Hubby comes home. He's been in Nevada all week on business.

I've been busy today, making the house look like the kids and I haven't been on vacation. Sad thing is, the vacuum smells like something is burning inside, so the floors don't look as nice as I'd like. Maybe I'll be brave and try it again, but I don't do well with fire engulfed appliances, so maybe I should just wait until I can get it fixed. Actually, it's probably time for a new one. Grand... maybe this is what I'll get for my birthday.

Hey, here's a thought. Let's tell about our worst gift ever. I remember one Christmas when I was newly married---probably married for about three or four years, Hubby hid one of my Christmas gifts out in the shed. I new it must be very special if he was making sure I didn't see it. So, on Christmas morning, this gift of mine was the last one left----still in the shed. He told me to close my eyes and he went to get it. When I opened my eyes, I honestly expected to see something clear and sparkling---diamonds of some sort. IT WAS AN OUTSIDE TRASH BIN. I almost cried. But, that was when I was young and romantic. Now I'm a realist---get me a vacuum if I need it. You, Dear Hubby, will be getting a new tube of hemorrhoid cream.

What are some of your "favorite" gifts?

2 Comments:

Blogger John Burzynski said...

My kids bought me a model sailboat for Christmas one year...I think that the kids thought that the model was 'cool' and wanted me to put it together for them, so they thought I would like the gift. I always hated putting models together...

By the way, it's probably the belt that is broken on your vacuum...you should be able to fix it, no problem at all. It's easier than you think.

1:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh yeah, DH and I still laugh about it, but for the first couple of years of our marriage it was a sore spot! Our first Christmas DH gave me a poster of some kind of a weird looking dragon drawn in very intricite ink. It was hideous and not at all anything that I would even consider buying for myself. I usually can say "thanks" without letting anyone know that I hate their gift, but I couldn't this time. I just kept asking him, "what were you thinking?"

I would rather have a trash bin!

1:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home