Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Root Canal Complete

Well, today was a typical Monday (yes, I realize it's not Monday, but it sure feels like it.) I just returned from another dentist appointment where my root canal was completed. I took Kathryn with me and for an hour she sat beside me and made not a sound. I was and still am in shock and I praised her over and over again for being such a good girl. The house is a wreck from the three day weekend. I guess we pretended that yesterday was Sunday as we did nothing----no work whatsoever---to the house. So, here I am, on the computer instead of folding clothes. I have read the Gospel for today---which is something, I guess. Today it talked about Jesus renaming the apostles. I often wonder what my heavenly name will be. Since I won't know that until I reach heaven, I guess I'll just have to strive for that wonderful title of, "Good and Faithful Servant." That's work though, you know? That is my ultimate goal, to be addressed like that when it's my turn at the pearly gates. I also walked 1.5 miles today----yes, I about died at the park. I really dislike exercise---hence my wide backside---but I know I need to do it. If I keep at it, it will get easier. Neglecting my duties does not make for a good and faithful servant, so I will get off of here now. Peace to all who enters here.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hola! When did you start walking? What is your goal? My wife and I signed up for a half marathon (walking) in Chicagon on Sept 25. We haven't been training that much, hopefully we wil be able to finish withou being hurt! Congrats on exercising!

9:08 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

ummmm, Hector, I started walking yesterday. hahahaha. I guess my goal would be to walk again today. Wow! A marathon. Congratulations to you on that. That's really awesome.

5:41 AM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Root canals rock!! Right, Kat?

6:59 AM  
Blogger Renee said...

Good job on the walking. I keep saying, "Someday."

8:46 AM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Thanks, Renee. I'm trying. It's not fun and I really dislike it, but I'll keep trying.

10:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home