Thursday, September 01, 2005

Gospel Meditation

Here is what I heard from today's Gospel: It said that Jesus went out into the boat, away from the shore, sat down, and preached to the crowd. This stuck me, in a motherly kind of way, as something awesome that probably could actually happen in this house. We could and SHOULD lower the tone in this house. Not that we shout in anger all the time, but this house is big and most of us here, instead of going to find the one in which we are wanting to speak, decide to shout to the other. Jesus probably didn't have to shout for the crowds to hear him. This is just my guess as the Gospel said he sat down in the boat---and it's much harder to shout when sitting than when standing. Go ahead, try it. He spoke and the crowd heard. I can speak and be heard, even from a normal tone.

My resolution for today will be to go to the person to whom I'm speaking and encourage others to do the same. No shouting.

What did today's Gospel say to you?

2 Comments:

Blogger Steve Bogner said...

Our house has three levels, and with my knee hurting lately I had started yelling up/down stairs to get the boys' attention when I need to talk with them. You're right, it does set an unpleasant tone.

Maybe I'll make them carry those two-way family radios around so I can radio them!

2:34 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Okay, folks, here is how it works for me EVERY time I make a daily resolution to live my life according to that day's Gospel: I FAIL!! I absolutely drown. I yelled more today than I've yelled in a month. The kids were the most naughty they've been in weeks. I guess the test score is 0/100 for me today. ----sigh----

7:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home