Monday, August 29, 2005

HUH?

Today I made Taco Salad for supper. One look and the eldest child made a snarl and lumpily sat down, obviously not happy with my meal choice. This recipe makes so much that I have to put it into two bowls, so only one went to the table. Here is the conversation, if you can call it that, that took place.
"Don't put the picked out beans back into the bowl, son."

"Okay, but there are too many beans in here and no meat."

"There's meat in there. If you want, go and get some out of the other bowl, maybe there's more in there."

"I don't want any meat."

"You just said there was not enough meat."

"That doesn't mean I want some."


AAARRRRRGGGGG!!! Did I do these things when I was a teenager? ABSOLUTELY NOT! I was too perfect, too respectful, too mature. Hahahahaha. If you believe this, then what is it they say about a bridge for sale?

5 Comments:

Blogger Suzanne said...

I don't know about you, but I didn't have a choice but to eat...if I even looked like I didn't want something, well, we don't want to go there! Suffice it to say...I just ate. :)
Cute story you got here!

8:13 PM  
Blogger Steve Bogner said...

You couldn't pay me enough to go back and re-live those teenage years! Well, 18 and 19 maybe, but before that forget it. What an awkward, confusing time.

3:11 AM  
Blogger Renee said...

what I always get is, "Next time you make this, could you do x, y, or z?" Basically my efforts are never good enough, and it's about to make me lose my mind.

6:31 AM  
Blogger Renee said...

what I always get is, "Next time you make this, could you do x, y, or z?" Basically my efforts are never good enough, and it's about to make me lose my mind.

6:32 AM  
Blogger John Burzynski said...

That sounds like a typical conversation with our oldest (16) at our house, not so much concerning food, as all three of our boys eat about anything that is served, but it is a typical conversation on just about any other subject.

I have come to realize the last few years why certain species eat their young...

6:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home