Friday, September 23, 2005

TGIF

Hi! I think I'll begin my post with a funny I heard this morning:

When the husband finally died his wife put the usual death notice in the paper, but added that he died of gonorrhea. No sooner were the papers delivered when a friend of the family phoned and complained bitterly, "You know very well that he died of diarrhea, not gonorrhea." Replied the widow, "I nursed him night and day so, of course, I know he died of diarrhea, but I thought it would be better for posterity to remember him as a great lover rather than the big turd he always was."

I have a lot to do today, but I'm having trouble getting motivated. I didn't sleep well last night. I fell asleep on the couch and Hubby didn't wake me up when he went to bed---or maybe he tried and I don't remember. I woke up at about 2:30am and went to bed. Then about an hour after, I woke up to Kathryn beside me and my back hurting, so I sat in the recliner in my room to sleep. I woke up later with Paul and the dog in my lap. I moved Paul to my bed and I tried to lay back down, but with four people in one bed, one cannot sleep very well. I woke up at 4:30am and went downstairs and watched the happenings with Hurricane Rita and finally fell asleep just to be awakened by Hubby coming downstairs on his way out to work at 5:15am. I did go back to sleep, but only for a short time when Philip woke up to get ready for band, which I took him to at 6:40am. SOOO---this is my excuse for not hopping right up and starting the daily duties. I'm way too old for a night like that. I think this is why God makes it harder for women of my age to get pregnant---our bodies are too old and used to be getting up every hour with a babe. Only a few select are chosen.

How is everyone? I haven't posted for five days. I kind of lost that addictive feeling for wanting to be on the computer. I think this is a good thing, but I do "miss" the people that comment here and whose blogs I read. Actually, it's probably not losing the want to be on the computer, I'm just so darned busy.

Have a great weekend!!

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anonymous is a jerk!

9:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lisa, what a night! I hope that you take a break and are able to squeeze a cat nap somewhere...

I definitely miss not reading your posts. You may have gotten over your addiction to the computer, but what about OUR addiction to reading your comments?

I'm also dragging today. I look forward to 8 hours of sleep tonight...

God bless!

9:30 AM  
Blogger Lisa said...

I found my energy stores somewhere and I've done so much today. After I vacuum a few rooms the house will look great. Just in time for company that I'm expecting this weekend----friends who are fleeing Hurricane Rita.

10:19 AM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Alexa, can you tell me (you know it has to be s-p-e-l-l-e-d out step-by-step)how to block the spam bloggers? You don't seem to get these on your blog.

Thanks for the compliment, Hector.

10:21 AM  
Blogger Lisa said...

For some reason, I cannot load up my blog home page. Maybe it's messed up by the hurricane. Maybe not. Is anyone else having a problem?

8:33 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Okay, it's better now. I can see everything and I was finally able to post. Okay, I have to ask as now I'm feeling bad about posting that joke. No one has commented on it and I thought it was way too funny. Did anyone else think it was funny or do you now just think I'm a sicko????

8:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sicko? No, it takes more than that! I had a stressful day at work, so when I looked at it in the AM it didn't click with me.

Talking about tired..., my wife and I left work 1 early, came home and went to bed! I slept until 7:30PM, my wife just got up at 11PM...

Rough week!

9:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lisa,

I had the same kinda night Friday night. It always seems to happen when I plan on being very busy the next day. Coincidence? I think not!

2:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home