Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Kinks and Knots


Ouch!! My back is out. Isn't is funny how one small place in the body is painful and the whole body is affected? My back is hurting, so I'm walking in such a way as to "baby" the pain, which in turn has made my knee hurt from the position I'm walking. I will have to go to the chiropractor tomorrow. This is the time that a wife and mother needs a maid. How am I going to do dishes, laundry, meals, and pick up toys with my back out? I was going to invite my new friend, Suzanne, and her family over for supper this week. Looks like this will not happen. I've not forgotten you, Suzanne!!

I'm going to go raid the medicine cabinet and see if I can find some old pain medication. I'm sure there is some left from my cesarean, but that was over three years ago. I guess it will either be no good, or it will be very potent. I'll hope for the latter and take two! Ibuprofen did no good earlier. Where is a drug dealer when I need one? You know, as I typed that last sentence, I wondered where people really do get drugs. I would have no idea where or whom to go if I wanted to buy illegal drugs. How do teenagers get drugs? How do they know who has them? I guess they are wiser to the world than I. Isn't it sad that people waste good, hard working time on making and distributing illegal drugs? I'm sure it all comes down to money. Why am I even writing about this? How silly and boring!!!! Who really cares???

Speaking of "who really cares," I had a phone call from our parish Director of Religious Education today, asking if any of my second grade 1st Communion Students had carrots this weekend during Sunday morning RE (CCD) classes. No, they didn't. This director received a call this morning from someone at the Catholic school, where the RE classes are held, and the janitor found chewed up carrot pieces in one of the bathroom sinks. The DRE was called on this, as it might have been one of the RE students who did this. They are making a stink about chewed up carrots in a sink????? I literally asked him, after discussing where my students had gone during the hour that I had them, "Really, Ron, who really cares? It's a carrot." Why try to find out who spit out a carrot???????????? Ignorance really annoys me. So does my lower spine.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so sorry about your back. I am praying for you.

And it really is the thought that counts! You made my day by even thinking about us!

And I read somewhere that most drug dealers live at home with their parents because they don't make enough money dealing drugs. It's the higher up people on the pyramid who make the good money. The pushers would do better working at McDonald's.

2:32 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Thanks, Suzanne. I went to the chiropractor today. He did wonders for my back. My right knee is hurting the most right now as I guess I hurt it from walking with a twisted spine. I have another appointment tomorrow and one Friday. Ahhhhh, I love Chiropractic message. I wish it didn't have to only come with an injury of some kind. Suzanne, have you moved, yet? Remember, you have people here to help with that daunting job. Let us know.

9:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Lisa,

I'll have to call you and tell you about the whole house situation. All I can say is things are up in the air right now.

Praying for your back!

1:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home