Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Here's To Good Health

Today I am so excited about my future good health. I recently received the results from my saliva test. My results showed that I am very low in progesterone. Normal levels are 100-600. My level is at 24. Yikes!! No wonder I've been feeling so rotten for the last several years. Progesterone, I've found via my research, is the "miracle" to feeling good and achieving optimum health. My suggestion to anyone who is on a synthetic hormone-------you're playing with fire, so please do more research. Please, visit salivatest.com and research ways to make yourself better. Natural hormone replacement is the way to go. Your body will love you for it!!! So, I received my results. I've taken an indepth survey of my symptoms and my physical health. My survey and my test results will be faxed today to a lab in Houston and I will have recommendations on natural hormones that my body needs to take to my GYN appointment next week. This is only the beginning.

I have ordered GlycoNurtients from a company called MannaTech. You can go to their website at www.mannatech.com and see what I'm talking about. For the body to be healthy, the cells must communicate. Our cells, these days, don't communicate because we are lacking in so many sugars, etc. I'm talking about good sugars here, not granulated, powered, Splenda, or Nutrasweet. Our bodies need 8 essential sugars to be in optimum cell communication, and most normal adults only get 2. This is because of the pesticides that we get on store bought veggies/fruits and because of all of the antibiotics we're ingesting from store bought, grain feed, meats. I don't think I'm going to plant a Fall Garden or go out and buy a Black Angus, but I have to start somewhere, and I'm positive these supplements will help.

I am so ready to feel good once again. I'm am way too young to feel this damned old (Garth Brook's song lyrics there.) I'm going to purchase a book titled "The Pericone Prescription", which talks about the rights ways to eat to help with the early aging things. Not that aging in itself is a bad thing, but so many are aging so early these days because of all of the toxins within our bodies. I'm going to start following a glycemic diet. I'm going to the health store today and get a bottle each of B-Complex and Total Omega 3,6,9.

This all sounds crazy, I know. BUT, I WANT TO FEEL HEALTHY!! I'll let you know how I feel in one month. Then you might want to jump on the bandwagon, too.

8 Comments:

Blogger Cath said...

Maybe the kid that spit the carrots in the sink was on to something? Seriously though, what do you do about the veggies and fruit you buy at the store? We get our beef local and it is grain fed with no antibiotics, so I don't worry about it, but the produce I do.

2:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! That sounds like the petty people at my old Parish!

Hey diets that use the glycemic index are great! We really do consume too much sugar. I have completely avoided flour, sugar (even natural) and starches since July and have lost 50 pounds. I haven't felt this great in 10 years!

2:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The comment about the Parish was meant for the previous post!

2:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Muy bueno! I'll be telling my wife...

8:21 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

50 pounds! That is great! Your dedication, Suzanne, is paying off. Cath, I guess it is best to have a little garden and grow your own veggies. There are some places that sell organic veggies and fruits. I don't know of any, though. Hector, I actually thought of your wife when writing this post. I remember how you said she was having some symptoms. I hope she can get some relief.

9:10 PM  
Blogger Renee said...

I hope this is a good answer for you. If it works, let me know. I am finding that as my baby is slowly weaning, I am feeling better. My hormones always go through a hiccup when I am slowing down on the nursing. Maybe I could help them out a little with some suppliments?

6:24 AM  
Blogger Suzanne said...

Hope you get to feeling better really soon! Let us know!

10:29 AM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Hi, Angie, thanks for visiting. First, I have to tell you what a wonderful husband you have. You are very blessed. Second, YES!!! Hot flashes, night sweats, middle trunk area weight gain, foggy memory, insomnia, joint pain, irritability, mood swings. The whole bit. I feel like this is full blown menopause, and I know it is not. What will I be like in 10 years????? I'm going to do something about it now, before I feel REALLY bad.

10:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home