Friday, October 14, 2005

TGIF!!!

I live for the weekends! No, not because I'm a party animal-------I can't even imagine what a hangover would feel like at my age----but, because I love for my children to be home. I like lazy Saturday mornings. I can't wait until its cold enough to have a fire in the fireplace. I have a fireplace in my kitchen and it's so nice to have breakfast there on a cold morning. Friday evenings are for high school football----John over at Catholic Packer Fan will surely be proud that I've softened my stance on football. It is actually enjoyable, and since it is chilly now, the cheerleaders are dressed modestly, so I don't have to worry about that. Things like that bother me--mid-drifts, bellybuttons, and too much thigh showing. I like to teach my daughters to be an attraction, not a distraction. I love this little saying, don't you "an attraction, not a distraction." I heard this from a talk given at a modesty fashion show last month. Modesty is something that is not easy to teach this day and age----skin is everywhere!!!

As I sit here, I feel like a kid trying to get out of her chores. Everytime I hear Hubby's footsteps coming down the stairs, I jump off of this chair and act like I'm doing some much needed chore. I have managed to fold all of the laundry this morning, but I still need to vacuum and do the breakfast dishes. I don't want to be caught loafing this morning. HA! This is because he's getting ready to paint the back of the house and I feel guilty with him working and me typing. If the house was spotless, I wouldn't feel guilty, but of course, it isn't.

Have a great weekend, everyone!

3 Comments:

Blogger John Burzynski said...

We attend a high school game most Fridays...mostly because our oldest marches in the band. Even if the band isn't marching, we take in my old Catholic High school's games.

I, would watch 22 grade school kids play football, I am that much of a football junky. Come to think of it, I have coached kids' football at that age...it's more like organized chaos at the 5th grade level.

I of course don't mind the cheerleaders...they just seem 'so young' to me anymore. They of course look mature in the ways some girls tend to look mature at that age, but they seem like kids to me. I know guys my age (37) that would chase after a 17 year old for all of the wrong reasons, frankly, even if I was single the mere thought is just plain sick to me. Maybe it is because I have kids that age, and I have watched / known many of these girls since they were crawling and in pre school.

I like your 'be an attraction, not a distraction' saying. Both boys and girls dress immodestly at times, and they both do it to attract and distract. All you can control are your own kids, that is a full time job in itself.

10:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Lisa! I love weekends! I particularly love Sundays because my wife makes the best french toasts in the world. I do look forward to using the fireplace. we are having someone come and check it first to ensure all is alright. I think that's good every several years or so.

10:40 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

We've been talkng about having our chimney cleaned, too. It's probably better to do it now while the weather is still agreeable.

5:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home