Monday, July 10, 2006

Where Have You Been?

Is this the question that you've all wanted to ask me? Well, I've been here. I've made a few changes, but things are pretty much the same.

I'm still alive. I'm still married. I'm still the slave, I mean the mother, of a house full of kids. I still have to climb laundry mountain now and then.

In April I started a new part-time job. I've been doing some home health, which I love. I get to name the days I want to work, or not work, and I can also name the hours that I've available. Not bad, huh? This has helped bring in a little extra dough and it really helped when the family and I went on vacation last week.

I went with a friend to see The Devil Wears Prada, last night. It was good. I enjoyed it a lot. The kids and I saw Superman Returns while we were on vacation. It was good, too. I didn't like that I had to tiptoe around Lois Lane's child born out of wedlock, but I got around it without too much information given to the 7 year old. This movie is rated PG-13, but I checked and there was no sexuality issues and no big language issues, so I let the kids go. The previously mentioned issue was the only one that made me uncomfortable. Other than that, it was a good movie.

I've read two books this summer. The Beach House by James Patterson and Night Fall by, um, can't remember the author. Both were good and both were read on vacation. Mostly during the L-O-N-G drive to Colorado and back.

My dad was in a car accident three weeks ago. He just emerged from his coma a few days ago. He is still "asleep" more than he is awake, but at least he does have sleep/wake cycles now. He is still on a ventilator, but is being weined off of that. He is in Wichita, which is only just over an hour from here, so he is close enough for me to visit often. Please, pray for him. Thank you!

I'm going to post a few pictures, really just to re-familiarize myself to how it is done. One is of a very special occasion--a First Holy Communion. My daughter received this wonderful sacrament in May. Another is of my son and his truck. He won't be able to drive it until February, but it sits patiently in the garage. The third one is just a fun one. We've had fun all summer!

I hope to hear from you soon!

13 Comments:

Blogger Lisa said...

pictures wouldn't load up. I'll try another time.

7:23 AM  
Blogger Suzanne said...

Lisa!!!! Hello! :) Glad you are back!
Oh my, I can catch you up, but it sounds like your father and my husband both had bad accidents at the same time!
I will surely keep your Dad in my prayers. Danny had a bad Dixie Chopper lawn mower accident at work...could have been killed or paralyzed, however, only came out with a bruise on his head and several pelvic fractures and had to re-learn how to walk basically.
Anyway, what did you have to do to get into this new line of work...sounds great for family too!
Love ya, girl and we have missed you and yes...sorta worried...well, I'm a worry wart. ;)

9:15 AM  
Blogger Renee said...

Hello there! Great to hear from you! I am contemplating doing home health (physical therapy) if I can fit it in around the other things.

I was sure you were absent from the blog because your life was full. I checked you about 3 times a week, and again, it's so nice to hear from you!

We will pray for your dad, and look forward to hearing from you when you have time.

Blessings!

9:21 AM  
Blogger ukok said...

Glad you're back! So sorry to learn of your fathers accident. Praying for his continued recovery.

God Bless!

10:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome back from your sabbatical. I hope you'll be able to keep posting now and then.

11:09 AM  
Blogger Hope said...

Hi Lisa! I read that book - The Devil Wears Prada - and really enjoyed it. A fun read that satisfies my curious self.

I am sorry to hear about your dad yet thankful he is close enough for you to visit. My dad is 600 miles from me.

God bless you.

2:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LISA BABY! Nice to finally see a post out of you! Glad all is well too -- well, except your Dad -- I will pray for his recovery for sure.
It's refreshing to know some people can break for a real long time from blogging and come back refreshed!
God bless.

3:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lisa,

You know, I check your site every day to see if you have posted anything--I talk to you on the phone more than you post! I am glad you are back (even though I knew you were back because I talked to you yesterday). You didn't say anything about your father. He is in my prayers!
Love, Suzanne

6:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome back! We all missed you a bunch! I'm glad that you are doing well. I'll pray for your dad. I look forward to a post from you every now and then. I've gone down from daily postings to once or twice a week. Too much going on...

4:24 AM  
Blogger Lori said...

So glad you're back Lisa! So sorry to hear about your dad, sending prayers!

Sounds like you're having a very busy summer.

Lori

6:47 AM  
Blogger ~pen~ said...

(((lisa))) i am glad you are okay, sister!

sorry to hear about your father. i will keep him in my prayers.

remember: we all need a little down time; just don't stay away so long next time, m'kay?

:)

3:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just stopping to say hi.... (9/9/06)

8:58 AM  
Blogger ukok said...

Hope you're doing okay, Lisa

:wave:

21st September 06

4:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home