Monday, February 06, 2006

The ONLY Way To Travel!!

For $48, roundtrip, I was able to recline, read, walk to the bathroom, order food at the snackbar, and RELAX, all in one place. I had a great weekend. My friend's parents were the perfect hosts with great food, a nice place to sleep, and many laughs. I returned home around 11:45pm last night, so today is going a little slow, but that's to be expected. On Saturday, I walked around the mall and found a wonderful bookstore with all books $5 or under. I bought two books that teach kids about money management, a gardening book, and a fiction. I then went back to the house where I was staying and read for FIVE hours. I think I dozed for an hour or so during that timespan. I did nothing but relax.

We went to Mass at a beautiful cathedral in Fort Worth. We also went to confession, which was wonderful.

Hub did fine with the kids. He, who knows how to make two things---mac-n-cheese and PB&J sandwiches---actually did quite a bit of cooking. He made spaghetti one night, beef stew another night, and pancakes/bacon one morning. Wow! I'm impressed! Now, he has no excuses, right?

I was SO happy to see the kids and Hub. I missed them terribly. It is back to the same 'ole today. I'm off of here to catch up on laundry, clean a couple of bathrooms, and maybe sneak in a few pages from the new book I'm reading.

I'll take the time this evening, when kids are in bed, to make the blog rounds and catch up on everyone.

Thanks for your prayers. I'm glad to be home.

6 Comments:

Blogger Suzanne said...

Hi, Lisa! Glad you had a safe and fun trip!

2:57 PM  
Blogger Mairin :o) said...

I'm happy you are home, safe and sound. It sounds like you got some much needed relaxation.

4:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Funny, I was just talking to my wife this past weekend about taking a train to visit family instead of flying. It'd be nearly two days instead of two hours, but the stress we go through flying and being constrained to our seats, well... it's not a cakewalk.

Glad you got some good rest and relaxation. Best wishes as you catch up again...

6:10 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Hi, friends.
I'm glad to be back, too.

Scott, I think your kiddos would love the train. I'm planning on taking mine very soon---maybe Spring Break. The conductor, the train whistle, everything----the kids will think it is very neat.

6:28 AM  
Blogger ukok said...

Lisa, how rare it is that we have such an opportunity to recharge the batteries by immersing ourselves completely in unadulterated relaxation. You know you're worth it!

God Bless.

7:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad you had such a great time! Well deserved!

12:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home