Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Two Left Feet

My husband and I took our first ballroom dancing class last night. I was so looking forward to doing this, but now I don't know if I want to go back. My legs, hips, glutes, and back hurt so bad today! I know it won't always be like this, but I sure am feeling it today. My hip joints took the blunt of it, I think. They were hurting before I even left the class. I was so happy this morning when myhusband woke up and looked like an old man crawling out of bed. Why was I happy? Because he gloated last night about how he was in so much better shape than I. Good morning, Sweetie, is that egg on your face?

Several other people I know were at the class. The instructors were fantastic. If one day I can dance half as good as they, then I'll be satisfied.

I'm skipping the weight lifting today, for obvious reasons. I've changed my exercise progress box a little. I've added "dancing" to my list of physical activity. My heart rate was up, I was sweating, and I KNOW my muscles were worked, so this has to be beneficial to my attempt at losing weight.

I'm off to find Ben. You know him, Mr. Gay?

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow Lisa! Now that's something I'd never get Rob to do with me...
We did square dancing once though...but didn't last.

6:28 AM  
Blogger John Burzynski said...

My wife and I have talked about doing the ballroom dancing thing for years...mostly I have been able to dodge the dancing thing until this whole 'Dancing With The Stars' thing started on TV, now I think she is serious.

She mumbled something about "if Jerry Rice (NFL great) can do it, so can you".

7:58 AM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Hi! You should talk your husbands into it---it's a blast!!!

John, what a wonderful Valentine's Day gift for your wife. Just do it!

I'm glad to finally learn so that I can teach the kids.

2:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like fun. Michelle and I did a class in swing dance about 3 1/2 years ago. We were so used to 4 count music it hard for us to adjust to music that was dominantly 3 count.

Sooo... was the pink font used in this post intentional, or just an accident?

6:19 PM  
Blogger Suzanne said...

Your post is a hoot! Not that you are dancing...that is great!
I just crack up when I read your blog sometimes. I am so proud of you...I love to dance..I have to dance as part of my exercise. I would not have made it to losing much of anything if I didn't. It definitely makes exercise much less boring and dreaded, if you ask me...even if one doesn't feel they know how to dance...still, ya know? Go for it and I encourage all the men reading this blog to dance with your wives! They will love it and the two of you will be giggling and feeling like young lovers all over again! Really!

6:22 AM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Scott, yes, that three count has me baffled! How DO you adjust? I thought the pink font matched the lady's dress very nicely. You don't like it? I know it is hard to read. I get so tired of black all the time.

Suzanne,
Yes, we've been acting like we're dating or something! Much fun!!

3:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Re: the three count beat...

Ahh, in the end, we never did really adjust to it. Our exercise routines are all based on music that is four count so the combinations my wife and I are used to consist of 4, 8, 16, and 32 beat patterns.

Regarding the pink foregrounds for the text, just ask Alexa to give you a tweak so that it contrasts — unless this was just a single post variation you were toying with.

It truly is hard to come up with good color matches. I tried a variation the other night but alas hated it and reverted a bit. The new scheme looked a little too effeminate, so I let it go. Even when you have a general idea of what you'd like, getting the hues right makes all the difference. So, ho-hum, I'm back to white, gray, and blue. Instead I played with other graphical effects...

4:14 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Yes, it was just a single post. I really didn't like the pink once I posted it. Too hard to read. But, like I said, it matched the woman's dress. Actually, the black type looks kind of dark brown on this background, so it actually looks the best.

7:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home