Friday, January 06, 2006

Epiphany





Tonight my family and I hosted First Friday Rosary and an Epiphany celebration.
We saw that the wise men had made it to the stable to see Baby Jesus. We had a small teaching on the three gifts, Gold, Frankensense, and Myrrh. We prayed the Rosary. Then, we had King Cake. The three children, who found the bean in their piece of cake, were crowned Kings for the evening. Two of my daughters were Balhazar and Melchior, and a friend's son was Caspar.

Suzanne, my blogger friend turned real-life friend, was here with her family. Another couple was here, also. These people are SO knowledgable about the Catholic Church. Honestly, I just sit there and listen and learn, in awe. I feel like I should give some input into the conversation, but I rarely have the chance, nor the smarts to do so. Lucky me for great friends like these!

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You never cease to impress me, Lisa!

10:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And you seem to have learned how to not print the wrong date on your digital pictures.... ;-)

I love the range of expressions of the three kings in your pictures.

11:10 AM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Alexa, if you saw my hiney, that would cease to impress!!! BUT, Friday I lifted weights, walked one mile, and did the stationary bicycle for one mile. So, maybe soon I'll be able to dance without jiggling.

Scott, you're going to think I'm a quack, but I don't even know how the date got turned off of the camera. Either someone fixed it for me or the date thingy is just plain broken.

12:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Lisa! You changed the font? All by yo'sef?! Good going! I like it much better!
Wow...you're gonna be doing what I'm doin' before you know it. It's addicting!

6:45 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Alexa, I haven't changed anything. Everything looks the same to me. Hmmmmm, I'm confused.

6:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh! Wait, Lisa! I was looking at your blog on an older computer upstairs when I wrote that....it didn't show the font the same as what I see down here. No big deal. It was more like a typewriter type of a font.

No fret. Looks the same down here.

But if you ever want something added or changed (or even in the mood for another type) let me know.
I love doing it!

5:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lisa, you are too kind. But, we learned a lot from you and the way you pray the Rosary! We had a great time and want to be invited every first Friday (hint, hint!).

12:05 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Okay, Suzanne, you have a date. First Friday in February for sure.

Did you enjoy the snow today?

4:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home