Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Travels

Hi!

Yesterday I returned home from a trip to Kansas. I visited an aunt and a set of grandparents. Not just me. The whole fam-damily went. The trip there was hellish, with me calling one child a little butthole. Nice, Lisa. Great example there, Mama. The baby got sick with a fever while there---typical, really. Someone always gets sick when we're on a trip.

My grandmother has emphysema. She was having a lot of trouble breathing and had to pant just to move from her bed to the chair by the side of her bed. She couldn't eat all of a meal---not enough air movement. I really felt sad seeing her that way. She should be enjoying retirement, yet she hasn't left the house in three years because she feels so bad. She was a chain smoker for probably 50 years. This is what happens, I guess. A good example to my children not to start that nasty habit, that's for sure.

We decided to drive home during bedtime. A much nicer ride home!!! We went out of the way--an hour total--to go to Target as I need a new bathing suit for the swim class I'm taking. Silly me, I thought Super Target was open 24/7. Nope, it closed an hour before we arrived. Oh well, an extra hours drive, for nothing, wasn't even all that irritating---BECAUSE EVERYONE WAS ASLEEP!!! --------------------S*M*I*L*E-----------------
We arrived home in the wee morning hours---around 12:45am. No school yesterday because of MLK Day. I did an hour of water aerobics and lifted weights yesterday morning. The instructor said that the aerobic routine that she does burns between 400 and 700 calories. I'm sure I was on the upper end of that range because I worked hard. Flushed face, sweating in the water, tells me that I was working hard. It felt great. I'm down 10 pounds!!!!!!!! Only 74 more to go. Yes, I want to be SKINNY, at least once in my life!!

So, it seems that everyone likes the new template. I do, too.

9 Comments:

Blogger ukok said...

You call yourkids butt-holes too when you are angry! I'm delighted that I'm not the only one who says things she shouldn't!!!

God Bless.

7:43 AM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Yes, this is an example of what NOT to do to win the good mother award. How embarrassing this will be when I next go to Confession!

8:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Lisa! TEN POUNDS!!!! Wow!
(I'm up 20 since I lost the 50 -- :-( *sigh*

Oh well... I did my walking yesterday, problem is, I also did my eating.

All in good time I guess. It will always be a battle.

8:34 AM  
Blogger Lori said...

LOL, thanks for the laugh Lisa! I need it!! Don't feel alone, I've called my kids butt-holes on occasions amongst other things. Not proud moments, but hey we're human, right?

1:26 PM  
Blogger Mairin :o) said...

Lisa, Congrats on all your hard work exercising! 10 lbs is quite an accomplishment. Good for you.

I have called my child a few unpleasant things too. I always feel sick about it afterwards but she's survived and so have I.

4:17 PM  
Blogger Suzanne said...

Lisa,
Losing 10 pounds is a wonderful thing! When I lost 20 and got to the point of never gaining it back, it was great...it has been several years now too. I fluctuate between gaining 3-5 lbs., but then I just maintain again for a week or so and get back. I always give myself one day to have exactly what I want in the way of food (if I can) and that way, I do not feel like I am always "dieting." I have exercised pretty regularly for a few years now too. I have times when I go for 5 days and say to myself "And you are wondering why you are feeling a little bad, or slower, or whatever??? Get over it and get up and dance!" If I start out exercising by the first day of dancing or a walk out on a beautiful day, then I will stick with the more difficult part for longer periods...I have to entice myself to seeing it as fun first.
I dance like a complete idiot around the house and then I seem to be on my way again! Whatever works, Lisa...you can do it.
You are already such a beautiful person inside and out! God bless...Suzanne

6:19 AM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Thanks for the weight loss support, friends. I appreciate it very much!

6:15 AM  
Blogger Cath said...

Lisa,
Congrats on your weight loss. What part of Kansas do you travel to? I live sorta in between Atchison and Lawrence. I really like your new page. Looks really good!

8:46 AM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Cath, we went to Meade. My oldest wants to go to KU, so maybe one day we'll actually meet. How close to Lawrence are you?

Bocca, by any chance are you Bocca de la Verita? If so, I've missed you. One day you just disappeared. You have no blog?

12:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home