Saturday, January 21, 2006

That First Fall

The ground isn't as soft as I remembered. I was informed of this when I hit it, falling off the wagon. I had pizza today-----------sooooooo delicious. I had Pepsi--------soooooooooo delicious. I had chocolate with almonds--------you guess it, soooooooo delicious. I've only had a little bit of water. No exercise. BUT, I've taught myself a lesson. I don't feel happy about it. I've been grouchy. I've been tired. I've felt draggy. I most definitely feel better when I eat healthy and exercise. I love fitting into my jeans and breathing a little easier. I love feeling good about myself. Even after losing just a little bit of weight, I feel pretty again. This is only internal as there is no external proof, yet. This should come in the next ten pounds, though. My goal is to be down another six pounds before the end of the month. I think this is a very doable goal. I'll hop back up in the saddle tomorrow and drive that wagon once again. Today has been a nice vacation, but tomorrow will be back to basics.

I just finished dishes. I did them to the tune of "I'm a Soul Man." This made the task much more enjoyable. Before I was finished, all the kids were in the kitchen dancing with me. I've done no laundry today, which is a very brave thing to do. So, if nothing else, I guess I can say I'm very courageous, no? I'll pay tomorrow when someone yells that they have nothing to wear to Mass.

A friend called tonight and invited me to go on a weekend train trip with her to Fort Worth. I'll have to talk to Hubby first, but it sounds very interesting. You'll die when you hear what we'll be doing. She has tickets to Silvia Brown. If you're unfamiliar, she is a psychic. First things first, I do not partake in this sort of thing. Just wanted to clear that up. I fully know the Church's teaching on phychic readings and so forth. But, what is enticing me to go along is the train ride there. I've never ridden a train and it sounds so enjoyable. Train ride, weekend vacation away from the 'ole homestead, free lodging and food, and good conversation with my dear friend. I'll think about it. I don't know if I'll actually go. My friend's mother's house is supposedly haunted, by word of mouth from her relatives, so I'm not looking forward to THAT, but I'll load up my medals and holy water and I'm sure I'll be okay! hahahahaha.

9 Comments:

Blogger Suzanne said...

You've lost 3 more pounds since I last visited? Three G's GREAT
GOING GIRL! Truly this is very good. I relate to what you say...I feel good when I feel better and fitting into those jeans and I don't know how to explain it, other than to say that when I do lose weight nowadays, I do appreciate that more than years before. I truly do and I think that appreciation pays off, don't you? Anyway, congratulations, Lisa!

5:35 AM  
Blogger Cath said...

Lisa, Congrats on all your hard work. I find you inspiring and have actually been eating better as of late, so thanks. I don't do laundry on Sundays unless the day involves someone throwing up, then I have to. We try to do no work around here on Sundays and of course the kids love to play that card. I have a hard time convincing them that that does not mean they do not have to get up and throw their trash away rather than toss it on the floor. A train trip does sound like lots of fun. Have a great week!

10:30 AM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Hi, Suzanne and Cath. Thanks. I'm going to get back to work tomorrow. Water aerobics, weight lifting, and walking. I do have an another motive. I have a cousin's wedding to go to in May and I want to be able to dance instead of jiggle!

1:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lisa! That's cool. I used to take a little break from the ol' diet sometimes too...it's a long haul and you have to reward yourself sometimes. The trick is remembering to get right back on the horse...just like you said. You are doing it kiddo. I'm very proud of you.
And you have inspired me to get off my butt and get back on track too...my vacation went a little toooooo long.
25 pounds to go.

Oh yeah -- I'd go. I'd have a blast listening to Sylvia whats her face...I've seen here before and she's such a case.

the rest of the weekend sounds too good to pass up.

Don't know what to tell youa bout the ghosts though.... I don't believe in them. (that way if they're real they can't get to me It hink...??)

8:05 PM  
Blogger Darlene Schacht said...

When we fall off the wagon we fall so hard! It tastes good for a momment, but later we regret the choices we made. Its so Romans chapter 7 when Paul says the things I hate I do. I diet most days, and when I fall, I get up and try again. It's been about four years now. Last week I was feeling tired and getting the winter blues and so I began exercising on the stairs to music. Its been fun and the time flies. I was reminded of that when I read how you danced with the kids and did dishes to The Soul Man.

8:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Best wishes as you hop right back "on the wagon".

We got a nice snow storm up here today. Kids were out of school all over. I'm sure you would have lost a pound just clearing our driveway... ;-) It's aerobic, it's strength training, and it's mortification... All in one chore! Well, at least that's what I'm telling myself now as I sit and sip a mug of warm tea.

4:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lisa,
I said "Oh no!", my wife looked at my computer screen and said "what did Lisa do now...?" "She fell off the train! I'm glad you are back on the saddle. You seem so happy about it! I wish you MUCH success! I loved the rain man thing. Enjoy the train ride!

7:53 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Thanks, Hector. Put the coffee on, I'm coming over to your place. I've not been there for awhile. See you at your blog!

8:17 PM  
Blogger Valerie said...

Congratulations on the weight loss! I just started my "journey" yesterday - and I have a long way to go - I want to get down about 30 pounds in 4 months! I'm doing CURVES and my treadmill, plus "portion control", so hopefully, I'll be able to do it.

I'd love to go on a train ride, too!

4:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home