Thursday, January 26, 2006

Oops, I Did It Again

Hi!

Well, I've had a hurried and busy few days. I've recovered from my dancing aches. I've been practicing here at home some. My husband, the kids, and I did a little ball room dancing during breakfast yesterday. Fun!

I've decided not to go to the Sylvia Brown convention. A dear friend pointed out to me that this might be putting my soul at risk. I was blind to that fact, I guess. I thought since I'd not be partaking and that since I didn't believe in all that jazz that I'd be okay. But, I've changed my mind. It might get too hookey and I wouldn't want to be in the presence of such. BUT, I'm still going on the train and I'll just shop instead. Sounds good, no? This is really what friendship is all about. Keeping each other in check and looking out for one another. I love this friend dearly and have taken her advice on many occasion. Thanks, Betty! You're a gem!

I'm off to do supper and laundry.

Peace!

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lisa, as long as you are taking the train ride and enjoying your friend's company I'm OK. I'm glad you went dancing, we have talked about taking classes, but haven't yet.

At your request (just so you know your power and authority) I put a photo of Angie...

Blessings to you and your joints!

5:53 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Hector, you should take your wife dancing. It is loads of fun! I'm going over to your place to check out that picture.

7:25 PM  
Blogger Renee said...

Lisa, I was going to say what your friend said, but didn't feel I had the "security" of that kind of advice. For what it is worth, I think you made a wise decision, and I am glad you still get a trip out of it. I dream of taking ballroom dancing with my husband, but we never seem to have time. Maybe this will be the year!

9:27 PM  
Blogger Mairin :o) said...

Lisa,
good for you for taking dance classes with your hubby. How fun! I'm glad you are not going either. If it doesn't come from God.. you know who it is coming from..scary!

3:17 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Hey!

Please, friends, do not ever be afraid to "tell me like it is." I will never take offense to your advice. Like I said, friendship is about keeping each other accountable, with love. So, I EXPECT you to say something if I ever "almost" make a wrong decision again.
Thanks!

4:22 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Hi, Kat,
I have been wondering about you. Are you still with the Jesuits? Hos is it going with you? I'll visit your place this evening. Right now I'm off to finish supper.

3:09 PM  
Blogger Lori said...

You made the right choice!

3:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home