Saturday, September 30, 2006

Weight and Wait


That's what I am going to focus on-----weight. I've spent my whole life waiting because of my weight----I'll wait to take a romantic vacation with my husband until I lose weight. I'll wait to take the kids to the beach---next summer I won't weigh so much----ETC., ETC., ETC.

This is not the correct way to live---always waiting, or in my case "weighting."

I consulted a LapBand procedure facility. I've educated myself on this procedure. I've read. I've watched the video. I've been contacted by a representative to set up a meeting. AND................I'm not going to do it. The reason I'm telling you this is for you to know that this is how desperate I was---almost ready to take a surgical step to help myself get out of the mess that I put myself in.

So, this blog will now be dedicated to weight loss. The LapBand info states that weight loss should be 1-2 pounds a week. This should not be a problem with normal eating and exercise. If it is, then I'm not being as strong or dedicated as I need to be.

Here is what I look like now. I'll post a new picture every month and let you see the results for yourself.

I've missed you all! Please, leave me a message and let me know you're still alive. I know I need to go and check all of my favorite blogs and see how everyone is doing, but I've been gone so long that will take me a while. I'll do it, though.

See you at your place!

5 Comments:

Blogger ukok said...

Glad you're back. I look forward to us sharing this same struggle together, inspiring one another too. I may just resume my Diet or Die blogging :-)

God Bless your endeavours.

12:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, Lisa! I try to check at your place every now and then. You are so sweet...l think you look beautiful! I love the picture with your family on your birthday! What a beautiful group of kids! Suzanne ...SincerelyMyThoughts

7:59 PM  
Blogger Renee said...

HI there!! I haven't given up on you, just put you on "inactive status" on my blog roll. I'll update it now!!

Hey, I'm right there with you in this struggle. I am walking now, 3-4 times a week, 3-5 miles at a go. My face doesn't look any better, but my mind feels alot better, my posture is improving as well as my stamina. I'll definately cheer you on, you can count on it!

8:20 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

I read occasionally before but will try my hardest to check in everyday with you. I've recently decided the same things... I'm tired of waiting because of my weight. I'll be happy to see your progress and I hope it'll help keep me going as well. I think it's great that you are doing this for yourself. :)

8:28 PM  
Blogger ~pen~ said...

sweetie, your blog just updated in my bloglines!! i cannot believe i have not read anything since october?

and this post - i am just going to tell you that i think you are beautiful, regardless of your weight. how have things been going, considering you probably have had the banding done already...is it what you expected/hoped for?

update :)

5:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home