Saturday, November 12, 2005

Top O' The Morning

It is 2:45am and I've been awake for 15 minutes. The phone rang at 2:30am with the wrong number. Now, this sort of thing would normally not irritate me, but the person in which the call was intended, "Jeremy", gets calls here quite frequently. I'm sorry that I have a number similar to "Jeremy's." I do hope all is well with his family though. I've already said a prayer for him and his family.

Something rather strange happened today. When I returned home from doing errands with the kids, I noticed something odd on my front porch. A dog. My son, Paul, came to me and asked, "Why is there a big dog by the front door?" Since our mini doxie is only 7.5 pounds, I knew that "big" didn't describe our dog, so I went to investigate. Sure enough, there was a half grown, but big, bird dog with its leash wrapped around the pole on the porch. I tried to approach it several times to read the tags on its collar, but the scared pooch wouldn't let me near. Hubby tried to get close, too, but was met with a snarl. So, I just called the dog pound. They came immediately. I did get the dog catcher to give me the information on the dog's tag before he hauled the mutt to the pound. I was afraid what would happen to the dog in a few days if the owner didn't claim it---------------Gulp. Sure enough, the owner had been looking for the dog, and I felt horrible telling him that I'd called the dog catcher, but I did explain that I had no other choice. He was happy to know where his dog was, and didn't seem irritated about having to pay to get it out of the pound. I'm sure it costs around $40 to get a dog out of "lockup."

My girls and I watched two Lifetime movies today. They were out of school today for Veteran's Day. I cleaned up the house a little bit during commercials, but didn't really do much of anything but relax all day. They needed to relax, too. They go so hard all the time. I didn't even ask them to do a single chore today. It was just a completely lazy day and it was nice. They did take the time to ride their bikes and scooters a few times and I watched. I tried the scooter a few times, but decided that a trip to the emergency room would really put a dent in my Christmas budget, so I went back to just watching.

Happy Weekend!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Lisa said...

HA! Travis, you're close. His name is Fr. Larkin. His first name is Kirk, so I see where you were easily confused. Yes, I heard your priest was here for the weekend. Isn't he great?? I heard today at Mass that we will be losing him in a few months. ARGGGG!!!! This is always so difficult.

2:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home